Wednesday 29 September 2010

Current business cards


So that's how my business card is looking at the moment, because of my position statement and my skillset, I thought it was relevant and useful to have an alias which i could use as a branding tool; (hence the Skwid logo) I'll put up a post about the logo  after this post.

I went for simplicity when it came to colour just for the cost and ease of printing it. I got a business card for Stone Soup which is an agency in York and looking at theirs made me realise a few things about my own which I need to change - just in terms of the physical card itsself and its function and aesthetic.

  • Point size can be notched down from 9pt, to 7pt, would create more space on the card, which is useful.
  • Information Hierarchy Needs to be re adjusted, possibly adding extra details, or maybe even taking a few away.
  • The actual stock needs more careful consideration. Its currently on mountboard, which is a bit beasty and isnt all that easy to fit in your wallet, and even harder to fit a stack in your pocket. So a lighter stock is preferable. I also want to shop around for a nice paper stock, there will be a paper stock that is the right weight that is interesting and has qualities that could help reflect/ communicate my skills and abilities as a designer.
The logo also needs refining but I will leave this subject to another post. I also didnt align the cards properly for duplex printing so there was a slight overlap which meant I had to loose a bit of length on the cards. So next time I think a bleed will be a good idea just to add extra security.

This card has been a springboard for ideas when it comes to my identity, and has also given me a clearer idea of how I'm going to brand my portfolio - which needs sending in 1 week from today. So that is my deadline for my current identity. obviously web design is out of the question right now, so Ill be waiting for the web design taught sessions to help strengthen the possibilities for my online prescence.

Chat soon,

SKWID - Illustrator, designer.

god that felt good.

1 comment: